Thursday, 12 April 2012

In the mean time

Hello, I started a new large project last week but it's not at a stage where there's anything interesting to show yet so I thought I'd share a few older projects. I finally got around to washing these pieces in readiness for framing.

This piece was stitched from a Dimensions Gold Collection Petites kit called 'Elegant Geisha'. I completed this late 2011. I intend to get this framed and put up in our bedroom as the dark pink in the Geisha's obi (bow) is the same as the paint on the walls. I also have a couple of kokeshi dolls in there, so it will be in-keeping with the oriental theme.

This one was stitched from a DMC Deco kit called 'Pretty in Pink', I completed this one sometime during 2010, I can't remember exactly when. I chose this design when I was having a fad on all things burlesque. Rather than getting this framed I may make it into a central panel on a cushion cover to give to a friend for her birthday.

I stitched this from a Dimensions kit, which I think was called 'Pegasus & colt'. I began this piece many years ago, found I'd mis-stitched somewhere and couldn't work out how to put it right. I promptly put it in the cupboard and forgot about it :-) I got around to sorting my stitching things out and found it again, this time I was determined to finish and managed to work around my previous mistake (I don't think anyone could tell where I messed up?!). I finally finished it back in 2009, it's a cute design and I like the iridescent threads in the wings and clouds, they are so pretty when they catch the light. Trouble is, if I get it framed I'm not sure where I'll hang it but it's too nice to not do something with...I'll think on it.

Sarah xx

Thursday, 5 April 2012

Hello again, not too long since I last posted! I just wanted to show off my latest large project that I completed on 29 March 2012.

The pattern is called 'Mother Moon' and is available in a book called 'Bewitching Cross Stitch' by Joan Elliott. I love Joan's designs and have many more of her pieces in my wish list to make, especially one or two of her fairies and at least one of her mermaids. This was stitched on evenweave fabric in a pale silver grey, I used DMC cotton threads, Kreinik metallic threads and Mill Hill beads.

I am just finishing off a little stitched scissor fob and as soon as that is done I shall be starting my first Mirabillia pattern called 'Silver Moon Tea'! I am excited to stitch a Mirabillia as they are such exquisite designs and I have seen several up close that have been completed by a friend of mine, the results are just gorgeous.

Sarah x