Saturday 17 July 2010

First try with alcohol inks

I hope you are having a pleasant weekend so far? I've spent a couple of hours this afternoon playing, for the first time, with some alcohol inks. They've appealed to me for ages now but I was holding off investing in some as I have loads of craft stash and didn't want to get into something else new for a while. However my local craft shop was having a sale and I fell into temptation :-) I already had an ink blending tool, so I only needed some felt pads and inks to start me off (although I do wish I'd brought blending solution too). It's my Father-In-Law's birthday next week and I decided that his card would play guinea pig to my first attempt!
I have to admit I'm never the most inspired when it comes to making cards for men and I often rely on my trusty ship stamp with some water colour pencils to save the day...and here it is again! The alcohol inks I brought were Adirondack in 'Eggplant', 'Currant' and 'Caramel'. I made the background paper using glossy card by putting a few drops of each colour onto a felt pad and stamped repeatedly using the blending tool. I also tried it out in a plastic tag that I had, alcohol ink on one side and a sentiment stamped on the other with Stazon ink in 'Timber brown'. All of these where then layered up onto a pearlised brown A6 card.
I've got quite a little crafting list building up for next week so I really do need to get my finger out, hopefully there will be more to come tomorrow.
Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. Love that ship stamp Sarah. Never had a go with alcohol ink, is it easy? Looks impressive anyway.

    ReplyDelete