Sunday 5 September 2010

Green peacock birthday card and a touch of decoupage

Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a good weekend. It's a shame Sunday is almost over, back to work in the morning!

It's my Mother-In-Laws 65th birthday next week and of course I was commissioned to make her birthday card by my husband, he never has to bother choosing cards anymore now I make them all :-)  I know my Mother-In-Law is fonder of a more traditional style of card, and with this in mind I decided to make a decoupage from a Duflex kit of Art Nouveau images, all of which are from Alphonse Mucha paintings (he is my favourite artist, I adore his work). Here's the result:
I have to admit that it wasn't hard work to create, the images are all die cut, you just have to pop them out from the design sheet and trim them up a little to make them neater. They are a little fiddly though, some of the layers are really tiny. Here's an angled close up, so you can see the layers:
Also this weekend I decided to take part in two challenges. One was as part of the Graphicus Guild, with a very basic green theme and the other was at the Katzelkraft challenge blog 'Katzmania' following a design layout for a card. To make things easier I decided to roll both challenges into one card, using the Katzmania layout and the green Graphicus theme. Cheating? I'm not sure ;-) 
Here's the design template from Katzmania, I think I followed it closely enough:
The stamps are from Elusive Images, the peacock was cut out using my Cuttlebug. The feathered background was made by stamping Versamark ink on black card and then dusting Perfect Pearls over the top, it's quite pretty when it catches the light.

I'm going to use the card for a friends birthday later this month, I hope she likes green!
Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. Lopvely cards, I'm sure your MIL and friend will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another two lovely ones, love the peacock image

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youppi youppi ! You do our challenge KATZMANIAQUES ! with a nice card, nice technics :-)
    And this other card, i hope it will be appreciate because it's so nice.. ah.. Mucha, my master ! (i don't know if it's the good word but i think you undersant ;-) ).
    Have a nice night dear Sarah, Kisses, ISA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, love the Art Nouveau card and the background for the Peacock card is stunning.

    GinaA

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic cards !!
    thank you very much for your participation !!

    kiki :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment Sarah. Love your cards. I really like the artwork of Mucha too and can imagine your MIL will love this card. My Mum would like it too. The one you made for the GG green challenge is lovely too and I can just imagine the feather background shimmering irl! I think I remember seeing it it the Green Challenge Gallery. You all put some great pics in there.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely art nouveau card with the Mucha. Sure she'll cherish it. Love for you to link it up to my Victorian Fantasy challenge.

    ReplyDelete