Saturday 26 March 2011

Some Lili of the Valley cards

Hello folks! Hope you've all been keeping well? I came back  from the Hobbycraft Show at Birmingham NEC on Thursday with a nice stash of Promarkers and a few rubber stamps :-) I brought 4 more Lili of the Valley cute stamps to add to my growing collection, I think they are such good value at £4 each! Because I just had to get started with my new stamps and pens I made three cards yesterday, two for Mother's day and one for my parents wedding anniversary.

The anniversary card stamp is called 'Love Grows' and you do get that as a little sentiment with it, but I wanted to use the round anniversary stamp from Lili of the Valley instead. The image is stamped in walnut Distress Ink onto smooth white card and is coloured using Promarkers. The background papers are from Bo Bunny, I've had them in my stash for ages.
The flower is from Prima crafts in plain cream paper which I coloured to match using Promarkers and the butterflies are cut using a die from Joy! crafts, the lace is from an ebay seller.

The two Mother's day cards were stamped onto watercolour paper, I feel it gives a much more intense colour from the pens but I have a suspicion that it leeched a lot of ink from the markers, I think I'll be more inclined to use the smooth paper in future.
Again the butterflies on both these cards were using dies from Joy! crafts, the flower on the aqua and lemon card is from Prima crafts and coloured using Promarkers, the jewel brad in the center is from Dovecraft, the white cotton lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts The paper on the lilac card is from K&Co 'Dollhouse' range. 

I enjoyed using the Promarkers so much and it's made me think of the potential in lots of the other stamps in my stash too, hopefully I'll be back with more stuff soon.
Sarah x




7 comments:

  1. Stunning cards every one of them!! Always love your designs.
    Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is fab Sarah! Love your cards!
    Rach :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, just had a look through your blog, gorgeous cards all of them..thanks for popping by my sadly neglected blog and leaving a comment, I'm making an effort and will try and blog more often,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lily of the Valley stamps as well, and these are sooo cute! Love the colourways
    GinaA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cute cards - LOTV can always be relied upon when it comes to cute.

    ReplyDelete